English Vocabulary – Agree
Words related to “agree”:
- agree (on, about): to share the same opinion about
- agreement: harmony or accordance in opinion or feeling
- unanimous: (of two or more people) fully in agreement
- disagree: not reaching an agreement
- come to an agreement: to find a solution that pleases or suits everyone
- negotiate: obtain or bring about by discussion
- negotiator: a person who conducts negotiations
- negotiable: open to discussion or modification
- mediate: intervene in a dispute in order to bring about an agreement or reconciliation.
- bargain: an agreement between two or more people or groups as to what each will do for the other
- compromise: an agreement or settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions
- concession: a thing that is granted, especially in response to demands
- climb down: withdraw from a position taken up in argument or negotiation
Examples in sentences:
We agreed on the answer of the test.
We are working out an agreement on the new purification system.
That was the unanimous decision.
The meeting ended in disagreement.
We tried to reach an agreement at the end but we couldn’t succeed.
The new Government has been negotiating with the Oppositon Party for 3 months.
If you help me with Maths, I help you with English. That’s a good bargain!
The two parties refused to compromise.
The two developing countries were forced to climb down to accept the new wage cut.