Pre-Intermediate Revision Test 2 / Past Past Continuous
1 Ian ———- having a huge breakfast with her family when the rain ——————heavily.
A ) was / was starting B ) was / started C ) were / was starting D) is / started
2 Tom drank a lot of milk when he was a child.
He ——————– a lot of milk but now he ————————-.
A ) was drinking / does B ) used to drink / doesn’t C) drank / drinks D) drank / is drinking
3. Did you ——————- have a moustache when you were at the university ?
A ) used to B ) use to C ) uses to D ) doesn’t use
4. Ask a question to the underlined words. ( altı çizili kelimeye soru sorunuz )
A: They spent their holiday in Bodrum last summer.
B : ——————-
A ) Why B ) Where C) When D ) What
5. A: What did you have for lunch ?
B : ……………………………………………….
A ) I ate an hamburger B ) I am eating a sandwich. C ) I will eat a cake. D) I used to eat an..
6. Lee Falk ——————- the comic book “The Phantom “ in 1936.
A ) is producing B ) produced C ) was produced D )will produce
7. Phantom ——————– first in a newspaper comic strip in 1936 and he —————- one of America’s most loved one.
A ) appears / became B ) appear / become C ) appeared / became D ) is appearing / became
8. I went to a opera concert lastly——————–.
A ) in 1997 B ) next summer C ) next week D ) tomorrow
9. Clare was writing a letter when the earthquake ———————— ?
A ) is happening B ) happen C ) happened D) was happening
10. —————he was having a bath, the doorbell ————.
A ) when / rang B ) while / was ringing C ) while / rang D ) while / is ringing
11. Kate wasn’t reading a book. She ————————————.
A ) was reading a newspaper. B ) She used to read a newspaper
C ) She is reading a newspaper D ) She reads a newspaper.
12. He was reading the newspaper —————– he was watching TV.
A ) when B ) while C ) But D ) because
13. Which is not the time expression of Past Tense ?
A ) ago B ) last month C) in D ) now
14. Which matching is false about Past verbs ?
A ) buy – bought B ) break – broke C) cut –cut D ) catch -catched
The answer Key ;
14. D 13. D 12. B 11. A 10. C 9. C 8. A 7. C 6. B 5. A 4. C 3. B 2. B 1. B