Social English / Elementary Revision
Revision – What Do You Remember?
- a) Hi. I’m Jill b) Hi. I Jill
- a) It’s quarter to 5 b) It’s quarter to 5
- a) It’s a black car. b) It’s a car black
- a) What time is it? b) What time it is?
- a) I’m very hungry b) I very hungry
- a) She works in a restaurant b) She works in the restaurant
- a) My birthday is in September b) My birthday is on September 12th
- a) I often go to the theatre b) I go often to the theatre
- a) I’m never late for school b) I never am late for school.
- a) It is half past nine. b) It is nine and a half.
- Welcome to Turkey
- How far is İzmir from Istanbul? – It is ——km.
- All right, let’s go.
- Can I help you with your bags?
- No, thanks.
Asking for a Drink
- Would you like a coffee, sir?
- Where is the hotel? – At the airport, in the center
- How do we get to the hotel? – by car, by taxi
- I am from Italy and my surname is Totti. – Can you spell that please? – T_O-T-T-I
Pronunciation – Vowels
Practice the pronunciation of vowel sounds in various words.
Pronunciation – Consonants
Practice the pronunciation of consonant sounds in various words.
Can You Hear the Difference?
- Where’s he from? / Where’s she from?
- What’s her name? / What’s his name?
- I am very angry / I am very hungry
- He gets home at 10 / He goes home at 10
- Today is October 20th / Today is October 12th.
- She is Turkish / She is from Turkey
- Tuesday / Thursday
- How old are you? / How are you?
- Are you new to the school? / Are you a new English teacher in the school?
- It is quarter to 5. / It is quarter past 5.
Can You Say This in English?
- Say what the day is? – Today is Monday
- Count from 1-20: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
- Count from 20-100: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100
- Count from 100-1000: 1000, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000
- Spell your address – 7445 street, Hanley / London
- Say what time it is: 5 o’clock, half past 5, quarter to 5, quarter past 5, 5.35
- Say the days of the week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Complete: _______’s your name? _______ are you from? _______ do you spell it? _______’s your address? I am _______ Japan. Nice _______ meet you. Look _______ the board. _______ your address. Turn _______ your mobile on the plane. Turn _______ TV, please. I’ll watch a documentary.