Use of English / How to Form Adjectives from Nouns and Verbs
Forming Adjectives from Nouns and Verbs
In English, we can create adjectives from nouns and verbs by adding the following suffixes:
Nouns to Adjectives:
Verbs Turned into Adjectives:
Test Your Knowledge:
Transform the following words into adjectives:
- dirt → dirty
- accept → acceptable / accepted
- base → basic
- week → weekly
- use → useful / useless
- eat → edible / eatable
- drink → drinkable
- educate → educational / educated / uneducated
- enjoy → enjoyable
- nature → natural
- miracle → miraculous
- mass → massive
- emotion → emotional / emotive
- luxury → luxurious
- risk → risky
- relax → relaxing
- I can’t imagine a more relaxing way to spend one’s semester holiday this year.
- I went down for lunch feeling hungry.
- I have rented a summer cottage near a natural hill landscape.
- The traffic in İzmir after 5 PM is so crowded that we always reach our houses very late.
- Today my class was so noisy that I had to warn all of my pupils.