Conquerenglish.com was established by a group of experienced educators with the aim of sharing the enjoyable side of education. Within this platform, there will be various levels of instructional videos, topic explanations, topic details, and fun sections to make learning engaging. Additionally, Conquer English is designed as an interactive site where teachers and students can share their written and visual works.
At Conquer English, you will also find applications that provide the current usage of the taught language.
Visitors will become familiar with widely used computer-assisted proficiency tests through the training and online exams offered.
The selected English materials embrace the “Communicative Approach,” an eclectic and interactive approach to teaching. Our instructional videos are based on methods such as Total Physical Response (TPR), Task-Based Learning (TBL), Communicative Learning, Critical Thinking, and Reading. These videos are enriched with visual, auditory, and practice-based activities. Our goal is for visitors to learn English with enthusiasm and enjoyment through practical and repetitive programs.
Furthermore, visitors to Conquer English will be able to assess their language levels according to the European Language Portfolio Program.
European Language Portfolio
The Language Portfolio includes some personal information related to the languages you speak and your levels, along with language level indicators developed by the Council of Europe’s Modern Languages Division.
English Biography: This section includes self-awareness, cross-cultural experiences, and “I can” statements (self-assessment).
Levels: The Common European Framework divides learners into three broad divisions which can be divided into six levels:
- Basic Speaker: A1 (Breakthrough or beginner) and A2 (Waystage or elementary)
- Independent Speaker: B1 (Threshold or pre-intermediate) and B2 (Vantage or intermediate)
- Proficient Speaker: C1 (Effective Operational Proficiency or upper intermediate) and C2 (Mastery or advanced)
Language Level Indicators:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- Can introduce oneself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details.
- Can interact in a simple way, provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance.
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks.
- Can describe aspects of background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions, and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
- Can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue.
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts.
- Can express oneself fluently and spontaneously.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects.
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources.
- Can express oneself spontaneously, very fluently, and precisely, even in the most complex situations.