“Used to”: Different ways of usage
- My nephew used to be an excellent rider.
- I didn’t use to like ice cream.
- Did you use to drive the car fast?
Not: In the use of “used to”, note that in the first sentence it is used in the PAST (ed) form, in the second sentence it is used in the nominative (use to) form due to the DIDN’T negation suffix, and in the third sentence it is used in the nominative form because the question suffix DID is used again.
For old habits which you do not have now:
- Laura used to swim very much.
- Did you use to play chess?
- Yes, I used to play chess in the past.
Please note that I made some minor corrections to the sentences for clarity and correctness in English.